All seniors who are thinking about going to college or trade school in the 2020-21 school year should file the FAFSA as soon as possible after it opens Oct. 1. This does not commit you to enrolling, but it gives you the chance to get help paying for college if you choose to enroll! Click through this site or be sure you choose the web page ending in .gov so you reach the actual FAFSA site. Unfortunately there are sites that look very similar but will charge you!
Seniors are encouraged to visit the links on this site as well as check the spinning rack in the library on a regular basis to pick up new scholarship applications.
Building Bridges to Careers is a local organization dedicated to "bridging the gap between education and employment."
We have exciting news about the BBC job shadowing program! This year we have seen a huge increase in requests. We have been working to streamline the process to decrease turnaround time between when the request is submitted and when the placements are finalized and sent to the students and schools. Here is the process:
1. Go to http://buildingbridgestocareers.org/jobshadowing/
2. Download and sign permission of waiver and liability form on the site.
3. Come back to http://buildingbridgestocareers.org/jobshadowing/ to fill in the job shadowing request form.
4. Before the student can submit the form they MUST upload the permission form to the website. They will then receive an email with their responses. This is how students know the form has been been submitted.
5.If there is additional paperwork we will let you and the student know. Once all paperwork is turned in to BB2C, we can work on the request.
6. Once the placement is finalized it will be emailed to the appropriate school contacts and the student.
There are several new requirements that have come up from hosts. For example, for Camden Clark: 1. To shadow in the OB department students must have the following vaccines: T-dap vaccination, flu, and Hep A. 2. To shadow in the ED: a flu shot is required. In an effort to offer students a placement with less requirements, Suzy has developed a relationship with Welch Urgent Care and Wellness in Caldwell. For those wanting to shadow a nurse practitioner, pediatrician, or nurse to name a few can go there if transportation is feasible. Also, students will be able to shadow one placement a semester. This gives them the opportunity to shadow in the fall, spring, and again in the summer if they wish to do so.