Addressing Tomorrow’s Challenges Today!
The Frontier Local School District is dedicated to providing a safe environment that meets the educational, physical and emotional needs of our students. We will develop a high standard of academic learning while implementing programs that encourage respectful, responsible and productive members of our community.
The Frontier Local School District consists of two k-6 grade level buildings and one 7-12 grade level building. The district includes New Matamoras, Newport and surrounding townships. District buses cover approximately 163 square miles, which 1/3 of the district is Wayne National Forest. The enrollment is approximately 625 students.
Frontier High/Middle 315
Matamoras Elementary 106
Newport Elementary 204
- College Credit Plus courses online through Marietta College, Stark State College and Washington State Community College.
- Dual enrollment courses are offered on campus
- One to one Chromebook Technology Initiative in grades 7-12
- Elementary Chromebase labs and Chromebook mobile labs
- JH and HS Career Tech offering through the FFA program
- Partner school and member of Building Bridges to Careers
- Career classes and exploration opportunities (district wide)
- Formative and Summative Assessments to monitor student learning and growth
- The district promotes and supports high achievement and take great pride in the success of our students.
High School Middle School
Basketball (Boys' and Girls') Basketball (Boys' and Girls')
Club Golf (Co-Ed Team)
Why should I be apart of Frontier?
- WE are preparing our students with skills for life after graduation.
- WE are committed to creating a culture of continuous improvement and students are provided with opportunities for future success.
- WE care about your child!